BC , Nuke TD - Expression of Interest
Nuke TD - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia (or Ontario) if applying within Canada.
Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution - we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and back grounds.
We are currently seeking a Nuke TD. This role is for an immediate, full time position. The Nuke TD reports to the Head of Digital.
- Work closely with the Compositing team and CG Technical Supervisors in Vancouver, Los Angeles, and New York to design, develop, evolve, and maintain Zoic’s Nuke pipeline.
- Debug and repair problematic scenes in Nuke, and other software packages related to the visual effects pipeline
- Provide troubleshooting and technical solutions for day to day production problems, with a focus on our compositing workflows
- Utilize currently available proprietary tools to solve pipeline issues and on occasion develop new small-scale tools to address project or facility issues.
- Diagnose technical issues from tickets and address them directly or escalate to the Pipeline Managers, Head of 2D, or Head of Digital as needed
- Train new artist hires on how to use proprietary pipeline tools and workflows during on-boarding, specifically related to Nuke
- Stay up-to-date on latest proprietary pipeline tools and workflows from all office locations and regularly train artists on these new developments.
- Write artist-friendly documentation for Nuke pipeline tools and workflows and create tutorial videos for artists and production.
- Complete tasks within the time frame given by Supervisors
- Analytical mind
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or VFX
- Minimum 2 years VFX experience within, film/TV or gaming
- Ability to design and implement systems
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Production Technology/IT/IS methods, practices, and trends
- User interface design and standard UI toolkits
- Bonus: TD and/or Pipeline development experience for at least one these discipline groups:
- Modeling, UV, Texturing, Shaders, LookDev, Lighting, Rendering
- Bonus: Experience using Ray Trace render engines. VRay knowledge is a plus
- Bonus: Third Party pipeline integration and plugin development for:
- Unreal Engine
- Candidates MUST be located in British Columbia (or Ontario). At the moment this is a remote 'work from home' position with the option of working within our studio.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet and work on Pacific Standard Time.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.