BC, CG Supervisor - Expression of Interest
CG Supervisor - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia (or Ontario) if applying within Canada.
Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution - we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and backgrounds.
Zoic Studios, Vancouver is currently seeking a CG Supervisor for our Vancouver studio. This is a key position that will advise the VFX Supervisor and/or Creative Director regarding the technical and creative capabilities and limitations of the 3D team and work collaboratively to provide solutions. The CG Supervisor works closely with specialist department Supervisors (character development/dynamics/animation) to bring to life our client’s vision. The CG Supervisor reports directly to the Head of Digital.
- Advise on 3D workflow to aid VFX Supervisor/Creative Director and Producer in bidding and shot methodology planning
- Interpret creative needs into actionable tasks. Identify refine and establish 3D workflow based on the needs of the show
- Oversee the 3D look development of key shots/sequences in conjunction with 2D look dev leads and supervisors
- Proactively communicate with relevant Supervisors and Production team members to ensure all necessary individuals and departments are aware of shot statuses and potential issues
- Select, mentor, train and manage teams of up to 10 artists
- Provide artist performance feedback to direct reports and management
- Attend dailies, interviews, administrative and managerial meetings as required
- Minimum 8 years experience within live action VFX
- Minimum 2 years experience as a 3D Supervisor with a proven track record of delivering shows, driving methodology and leading teams of artists
- Expert knowledge in Houdini or Maya and Vray.
- Knowledgeable or comfortable working in Houdini.
- Working knowledge in Mari, Nuke.
- Substance, Speedtree and Mantra an asset
- Experience in all aspects of the 3D Pipeline: modelling, texturing, shading, colour theory (technical & creative), lighting and rendering experience
- Ability to evaluate workload vs. resources and provide accurate delivery estimates
- Collaborative leadership style; always working to achieve common goals in terms of delivery and quality
- Exceptional interpersonal communication including conflict resolution, negotiation, note interpretation, creative to technical translation, technical to creative translation
- Ability to troubleshoot technical, creative and interpersonal issues
- Ability to adapt to changing priories or new technology / processes as required
- Must provide up to date reel and resume showcasing listed skills
- Candidates MUST be located in British Columbia (or Ontario). At the moment this is a remote 'work from home' position with the option of working within our studio.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet and work on Pacific Standard Time.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.