Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization company focused on the intersection of big data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies.
Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company with emphasis on high-end computer graphics for film, television, and gaming.
The Product Manager will work closely with the Zoic Labs leadership team, software development team, and clients to develop advanced software products with a focus on data visualization, UI/UX design, web applications, and VR/AR/MR. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be self-directed, while collaborating closely with a very diverse team.
- Manage the full product lifecycle from conception to launch.
- Work directly with customers to determine their needs and define specifc features.
- Manage a variety of work which may include more than one concurrent project involving diverse and complex technical issues and creative content.
- Communicate progress on projects and related tasks regularly to ensure stakeholder awareness, internally and externally.
- Ensure conformance with customer program requirements, including technical tasks, schedules, costs, reporting, and facility/infrastructure compliance.
- Ensure products meet a high standard of quality and meet customer needs.
- Assist in developing and orchestrating demonstrations and presentations.
- Build strong and productive relationships across the organization and with remote customers.
- Anticipate all needs for meetings such as conference rooms, teleconferencing arrangements, travel details, catering, meeting notices, attendee confirmations, materials and presentations.
- Must have prior experience as a Product Manager, having shipped multiple products.
- Experience specifically in the management of software products.
- Must have experience delivering multiple projects end-to-end with small to medium sized cross functional teams.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience), with 3-5 years of experience managing software feature development from concept to an executable set of designs, requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Product management experience involving one or more of the following communities: Aerospace, DoD, Intelligence. In lieu of this experience, will consider those with proven experience in large enterprises, while navigating between multiple stakeholders and negotiating deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical subjects quickly, communicate effectively, and appreciate technical subtleties.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in an ambiguous environment with flexible infrastructure and process, with a positive attitude.
Desirable Qualifications (not required):
- Experience managing software products with graphics and/or visualization related features.
- Knowledgeable of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), North American Classification System (NAICS), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Security clearance
- Candidates located in Los Angeles and surrounding area preferred
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participates in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
- We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City.